Service & Download
Corporate Fact Sheet
VERBIO AG is one of the leading bioenergy manufacturers, and is also the only large-scale producer of biodiesel, bioethanol and biomethane in Europe. The Group has approximately 700 employees at its locations in Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Brandenburg as well as at its foreign subsidiaries in India, the USA, Canada, Poland and Hungary. VERBIO concentrates on the use of internally developed innovative and efficient energy saving production processes. VERBIO’s biofuels achieve CO2 savings of up to 90 percent compared to petrol or diesel. With its innovative processes and highly efficient production plants, VERBIO is a technology leader in the biofuels market.
Facts and Figures
- Company name: VERBIO Vereinigte Bioenergie AG
- Registered office: Zörbig, Germany
- Administrative headquarters: Leipzig, Germany
- Production sites in Germany: Zörbig, Bitterfeld, Schwedt, Pinnow
- Affiliates abroad: India, Canada, USA, Hungary, Poland
- Year of foundation: 2006
- Founders: Claus Sauter, Dr. Georg Pollert
- IPO: 2006
- Employees: 725 (2020/06/30)
- Turnover FY 2019/20: EUR 872 million
VERBIO Vereinigte BioEnergie AG acts as Management Holding. Operative business is run by the VERBIO Group’s subsidiaries: VERBIO Bitterfeld GmbH, VERBIO Schwedt GmbH, VERBIO Zörbig GmbH, VERBIO Pinnow GmbH, VERBIO Agrar GmbH, VERBIO Logistik GmbH as well affilates abroad VERBIO Polska Sp. z o.o, VERBIO India Pvt. Ltd., VERBIO North America Corp., VERBIO Diesel Canada Corp. and Ximo Kft. VERBIO's shares (ISIN DE000A0JL9W6/WKN A0JL9W) have been listed on the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange since October 2006.
- Claus Sauter (CEO)
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Lüdtke (Vice CEO & COO Bioethanol/Biomethane)
- Theodor Niesmann (COO Biodiesel)
- Bernd Sauter (COO Procurement/Logistics)
- Stefan Schreiber (COO North America)
- Alexander von Witzleben (Chair)
- Ulrike Krämer (Deputy Chair)
- Dr. Klaus Niemann (Board Member)
Photos & logos
Please contact our Communications Team to provide you with pictures and logos.
All images provided may only be used for the agreed editorial purposes. All other use and distribution among third parties are prohibited. Copyright and all rights of use remain with VERBIO AG. All images used must be credited as ‘Source: VERBIO AG’.